Bridge/Parapet Sawing for Removal
Sawing bridge parapet walls for removal offers several advantages over breaking:
Increased production. Typically 400â€™ of 18â€ wide Jersey-style wall can be saw cut flush with the deck, cut into 10â€™ pieces, and removed from site in one ten hour day.
- Often eliminates the need for shielding at the edge of the bridge because falling debris is greatly reduced or eliminated.
- Eliminates hammer-induced damage to remaining deck.
- Reduction of site noise, dust, and debris.
- Results in a smooth surface that can be formed and poured back within one day.
- Minimal disruption of traffic on adjoining lanes, and traffic beneath.
CC&B designed 100 h.p. curb saw will saw cut flush with deck, up-to 19â€ deep.
Walls are cut into manageable sized pieces with CCB built, extra-length, deep saw.
Median barrier removed for temporary traffic cross-over.
Re-bar is cut from both sides allowing wall to be broken free at cold joint
Curb/sidewalk section is removed to increase roadway width and allow for two-way, partial width bridge re-construction.
CCB built side-winder saw cuts up-to 24â€ over from curb face without use of ramps.
GET A QUOTE NOW